Transform Your Beef Bourguignon
Posted on 17 January 2014
Here Lyndsay tells us how to transform our Beef Bourguignon into a delicous one pot low calorie meal with the simple addition of some home made dumplings and kale...scrummy!
You can use fresh bread but slightly stale is better. You could also add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or parsley to the dumplings. You will need a casserole dish with a lid to make this dish.
150g slightly stale bread (we used foccacia)
50g plain or wholemeal flour
Salt and pepper
1 x 4 portion of Beef Bourguignon, partially defrosted
How to make:
- Pop the Beef Bourguignon into a casserole dish with the lid on
- Crumble the bread into a bowl, add all the other ingredients, except the kale. Mix well, and shape into golf ball sized dumplings
- 20 minutes before the Beef Bourguignon is ready, gently place the dumplings and the kale on top of the stew. Put the lid back on, and cook for 10 minutes
- For the final 10 minutes, cook with the lid off
- Serve with parsley to garnish, if you fancy. Enjoy!