A great way to help you get your five-a-day from our chef Jamie. Don’t be scared – it’s delicious. It works great with any of our chillis or any other meals you'd usually pair with rice.
Glug of olive/rapeseed oil
1 medium cauliflower
Good handful of coriander, chopped
Teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 medium onion
½ red chilli (optional, and remove the seeds to reduce the heat)
1 large garlic clove
Salt for seasoning
1. Remove the skin from the onion and cut in half root to tip. Either cut into 3-5mm slices or roughly dice. Peel and finely slice the garlic clove. Finely chop the chilli (if you’re using it) and roughly chop the fresh coriander.
2. Heat a thick-bottomed pan and add the cumin seeds. Toast for about a minute until fragrant. Add the oil, chopped onions, garlic, chilli and a pinch of salt. Fry on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft.
3. While the onions are cooking remove the green leaves from the Cauliflower and thoroughly wash. Cut the washed leaves down into 1-2cm pieces. Cut the remaining cauliflower into smallish chunks. Pulse the cauliflower and leaves in a food processor to make rice-sized grains.
4. Add the pulsed cauliflower to the pan along with another pinch of salt. On a medium heat cook for a further 3-5 minutes with a lid sitting firmly on the pan to trap the steam and cook the cauliflower.
5. Once cooked, taste and season further if required. Stir through the chopped coriander and serve.