Remarkable Food For Your Freezer
Ready, steady, pavlova! We’re sharing the recipe for our Raspberry Pavlova for you to try at home. Enjoy!
7 medium egg whites
330g caster sugar
1tsp white wine vinegar
1tsp vanilla essence
400ml whipping cream
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the cornflour, white wine vinegar and vanilla essence until smooth.
3. Place egg whites into very clean and dry bowl.
4. Whisk on high, until very stiff.
5. Whisk in half the cornflour mix followed by half of the sugar.
6. Continue to whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
7. Add the rest of the sugar and cornflour and whisk thoroughly.
8. Tip out meringue mix onto the prepared baking sheet.
9. Spread out with palette knife until evenly spread.
10. Place in the preheated oven (160°C fan / gas 3) and bake for 40 minutes.
11. Allow to cool.
12. Once cool, turn out onto another sheet of baking paper dusted with icing sugar.
13. Carefully remove the baking paper from the base of the meringue.
14. Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks.
15. Spread the cream over the pavlova and scatter the raspberries evenly over the cream.
16. Cut a line halfway into the meringue, 1cm from the edge of one of the narrow ends of the pavlova (this makes it easier to roll).
17. Using the baking paper, roll the pavlova up.
18. Finish with the end of the pavlova tucked neatly underneath.
19. Dust with a little more icing sugar and voila!
Be sure to send us a photo if you have a go to email@example.com or tag us on social media @thecookkitchen
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000
Sign up to our newsletter and we'll email you a voucher code for 10% off your first online order
Please enter a valid name and email address
Please enter a valid email address
Please tick the box to agree to sign up to the COOK newsletter
Check your inbox for your 10% off code
Do check your junk folder if you’re not seeing our emails