How to Make the Perfect Shortcrust Pastry
Posted on 7 March 2014
Tags: Video, recipe, pies
Often people don't make their own shortcrust pastry because it seems too difficult (or perhaps simply unfamiliar) a task. It's actually very easy - and Lyndsay shows us how in this quick little video. She covers:
- the ideal ratio of flour to butter
- how to keep your pastry cool
- how to account for hot hands
- how to breadcrumb
- why you need to be careful about the amount of water you add
- how and why you need to ridge (and what ridging is!)
- why you shouldn't add too much flour to your worktop before rolling
- and - lastly - how to roll it out neatly...
- Coronation Wordsearch!
- Coronation Colour In Bunting!
- Better Business Act 101
- Colouring-In for Easter Egg Hunts
- The First COOK Menu
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023