Spinach & Feta Pie
with roasted red pepper, sun-blushed tomato, pine kernels and ricotta.
Pie for One
- Prepared by hand at the COOK Kitchen from scratch (yes, even the shortcrust pastry).
- Marvellous and meat-free! Pop a few in the freezer so you have always have something really special for any vegetarian guest.
- It’s topped with pine nuts, herbs and feta.
Try it With:
- Serve with a simple balsamic-dressed rocket and cherry tomato salad.
- Great with our Roasted New Potatoes...or, indeed, your own..
- Oven roast a medley of vegetables with some olive oil and seasoning.
- The cheese sauce is made with Somerset Cheddar, ricotta and a little nutmeg, with some chopped spinach and sun-blushed tomatoes stirred through.
- The shortcrust pastry case is made by scratch in our Kitchen.
- Finally we top the spinach mixture with feta, roasted red peppers, pine nuts, mint and parsley.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||4.4||12.8|
|of which are saturates (g)||9||26.1|
AT COOK WE USE THE SAME INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD USE AT HOME.
We never put additives or preservatives into our food. We do occasionally use kitchen cupboard ingredients that include some additives in their sub-ingredients (for example Worcestershire Sauce used in our Spaghetti Bolognese, which contains Tamarind Extract). If you’d like to find out more about our ingredients, click here
Shortcrust Pastry (25%) (contains: Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Nicotinamide (Vit B3), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vit B1)), Butter [Milk], Water, Lemon Juice, Salt), Semi Skimmed Milk, Spinach (12%), Roasted Red Peppers (11%), Feta (9%) [Milk], Wheat Flour (contains: Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Nicotinamide (Vit B3), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vit B1)), Sun-Blushed Tomato (6%) (contains: Cherry Semi Dried Tomatoes, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Garlic, Oregano, Preservative: Lactic Acid), Ricotta Cheese (3%) [Milk], Butter [Milk], Cheddar Cheese [Milk], Pine Kernels (2%), Parsley, Garlic, Mint, Pepper, Salt, Nutmeg.
At our kitchen, we prepare food by hand using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. We then freeze our meals at -35°C so it tastes freshly made when you cook it at home (no nasty additives or preservatives required). Most of our food can be heated from frozen (sometimes in minutes in your microwave). Check the instructions below.
These cooking instructions are only a guide. Your appliance may have a personality of its own (or a different power rating). Please adjust accordingly.
*NOT SUITABLE FOR MICROWAVES*
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000