Smoked Haddock & Leek Risotto
A risotto of smoked haddock, cod, spinach and leeks with crème fraiche, white wine, mature Cheddar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Please navigate through our current menu by using the links along the top of your screen.
- Made with special, gluten-free flour
- The smoked haddock and cod is from approved fishing grounds run by a supplier committed to sustainable fishing
- The mature Cheddar is the real deal – made by Barber’s, Britain’s oldest Cheddar producers, using traditional methods
Try It With
- Fresh Parmesan shavings and wilted baby spinach
- Great with some fresh, crusty bread on the side
- Half of a serving makes a tasty, hassle-free starter for any dinner party
- We melt butter and oil in a pan and slowly sweat onions and leeks until they have a sweet flavour
- In goes the ribe – a classic risotto rice – and we give it a good stir. Then we slowly pour in, a little at a time, the white wine and some fish stock. This gives the risotto a lovely creamy texture
- To make it just a bit more indulgent we add a little crème fraiche and a grating of Cheddar cheese. Finally we stir through the blanched smoked haddock, lots of herbs and a squeeze of lemon
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||2.9||10.7|
|of which are saturates (g)||4.3||15.9|
AT COOK WE USE THE SAME INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD USE AT HOME.
We never put additives or preservatives into our food. We do occasionally use kitchen cupboard ingredients that include some additives in their sub-ingredients (for example Worcestershire Sauce used in our Spaghetti Bolognese, which contains Tamarind Extract).
Cooked Ribe Rice (30%) (Water, Salt), Semi Skimmed Milk, Onions, Smoked Haddock (8%) [Fish], Cod (8%) [Fish], White Wine (5%) (Preservative: Sulphur Dioxide), Cheddar Cheese (5%) [Milk], Double Cream [Milk], Leeks (3%), Spinach (2%), Crème Fraiche (2%) [Milk] (Preservative: Potassium Sorbate), Butter [Milk], Fish Stock (Fish (Cooked White Fish, Cod Powder [Fish]), Maltodextrin, Dried Glucose Syrup, Salt, Yeast Extract, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Stabiliser: Guar Gum, Anchovy Paste [Fish] (Salt, Sunflower Oil), Dried Onion), Water, Gluten Free Flour (Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Maize & Buckwheat), Chives, Rapeseed Oil, Lemon Juice, Parsley, White Pepper.
These cooking instructions are only a guide. Your appliance may have a personality of its own (or a different power rating). Please adjust accordingly.
Defrost the risotto overnight in the fridge before cooking. Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and cook within 48 hours. Empty the risotto into a pan and cook over a medium heat for 6-7 mins, stirring occasionally. Ensure the fish is fully cooked and ensure piping hot before serving. Once cooked, do not reheat.
Steam may be released when removing lid. Although every care has been taken to remove all bones, some may remain.
Defrost the risotto overnight in the fridge before cooking. Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and cook within 48 hours. Empty the risotto into a pan and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally. Ensure the fish is fully cooked and ensure piping hot before serving. Once cooked, do not reheat.
Steam may be released when removing lid. Although every care has been taken to remove all bones,some may remain.
Milk, Fish, Sulphites
This product has been made in a kitchen that uses nut ingredients
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000