Ham Hock & Leek Pie
Ham Hock & Leek in a cream sauce topped with wholegrain mustard mash
Pie for One
- The best of both pie worlds! Shortcrust pastry around the bottom and a wholegrain mustard mash on top.
- We use a higher-welfare ham from Dingley Dell, an RSPCA Ambassador Farm.
- A traditional, roux-based sauce, with sherry, two different types of stock, and lots of herbs.
Try it With:
- To start, we fry a mix of onion and leeks in butter until they are softened, before adding flour to create a roux-style sauce. We then add a mix of milk and sherry a little at a time, until all the liquid is incorporated.
- Then we add ham stock and chicken stock along with sage and parsley, before stirring in some double cream to make it super-luxurious.
- This pie is wrapped in our handmade shortcrust pastry, before being topped with a buttery wholegrain mustard mash.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||1.5||4.4|
|of which are saturates (g)||7.4||21.5|
AT COOK WE USE THE SAME INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD USE AT HOME.
We never put additives or preservatives into our food. We do occasionally use kitchen cupboard ingredients that include some additives in their sub-ingredients (for example Worcestershire Sauce used in our Spaghetti Bolognese, which contains Tamarind Extract). If you’d like to find out more about our ingredients, click here
Potatoes (26%), Ham Hock (14%) (contains: Pork, Wiltshire Cure (Water, Salt, Sodium Nitrite, Sodium Ascorbate)), Shortcrust Pastry (13%) (contains: Wheat Flour, Butter [Milk], Water, Lemon Juice, Salt), Water, Semi Skimmed Milk, Leeks (7%), Butter [Milk], Double Cream (4%) [Milk], Wheat Flour (containts: Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Nicotinamide (Vit B3), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vit B1)), Sherry (contains: Preservative: Sulphur Dioxide), Onions, Roast Chicken Stock (contains: Roast Chicken, Maltodextrin, Salt, Natural Flavouring, Chicken Fat, Sugar, Lemon Juice (from concentrate), Onion Powder), Wholegrain Mustard (contains: Water, Mustard Seeds, Vinegar, Salt), Ham Stock (contains: Ham (Pork, Water, Salt), Rehydrated Potato, Salt, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Molasses Sugar, Smoke Flavouring, Lemon Juice Concentrate), Free Range Pasteurised Egg Yolk, Lemon Juice, Salt, English Mustard (contains: Water, Mustard Flour, Sugar, Salt, Wheat Flour, Turmeric, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)), Sage, Parsley, Black Pepper.
At our kitchen, we prepare food by hand using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. We then freeze our meals at -35°C so it tastes freshly made when you cook it at home (no nasty additives or preservatives required). Most of our food can be heated from frozen (sometimes in minutes in your microwave). Check the instructions below.
These cooking instructions are only a guide. Your appliance may have a personality of its own (or a different power rating). Please adjust accordingly.
*NOT SUITABLE FOR MICROWAVES*
Gluten, Milk, Eggs, Mustard, Sulphites
This product has been made in a kitchen that uses nut ingredients
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000