I love the independent food retail sector, it’s something that I grew up with and feel very loyal to.
We have never supplied the big four supermarkets as I want COOK to provide a point of difference for independent food retailers. Our partnerships with like-minded retailers have been a vital part of our growth and it’s been enormously rewarding to know that our brand is really supporting independent retail in its ongoing fight with the bigger supermarket chains.
I make no apology for being fussy about who we work with and the criteria to become a COOK Concession is clearly set out below, so if you think you are the right type of partner for us then I look forward to working together for the long term as that’s what we’re all about.
Although we don’t want to make the concession application process overly onerous, we feel it’s really important that we know that our brand is to be represented in the best possible light. This is why we ask any interested retailers to fill in the form below for our review. We cannot emphasise enough how important the five criteria below are as we can’t accept any applications that do not pass these tests, and we simply hate writing of rejection letters. Please consider each carefully so as to avoid any disappointment.
1. You will currently be running an established food retail business (in the location stated on the application form) that already stocks a substantial premium food offering. I am afraid that we can’t consider start-up companies unless advanced product range plans can be presented. Additionally, we’ve made the strategic call not to service the foodservice sector (cafes, pubs, hotels, self-catering holiday units) or markets outside of the UK.
2. You will be able to purchase and dedicate at least two 1.7 metre ‘Novum Main Line’ chest freezers exclusively dedicated to displaying our remarkable meals. (Cost is currently £870 each plus vat). This specific freezer model has been chosen as it fits our food packaging, is reliable and the COOK point of sale material has been tailored to fit around it.
3. Almost goes without saying, but we expect your retail environment to be tidy, clean, vibrant and well merchandised. Basically it needs to fit well with COOK’s premium positioning. We would appreciate it if you could attach three photographs to display this.
4. You have the footfall and suitable customer base to be confident of achieving at least £1,500 a month retail sales from the Concession.
5. You are significantly distant from other COOK Concessions or COOK shops. (It’s only us that can decide on this once we have received your application). I am sure you will appreciate that we need to be loyal to successful existing customers.
If you ‘tick the boxes’ above and want to know more, then please fill out the application form below and we will be in touch.
Thank you for your interest in our brand.
"COOK's frozen meals look and taste like they've been home-cooked with love and flair."
- Mary Portas, The Daily Telegraph
Interested in stocking COOK meals?
Please fill out and submit the application form below and we will get back to you!