Asparagus & Pesto Gnocchi
Asparagus, broad beans, peas and chopped hazelnuts with Italian potato dumplings and pea pesto.
- Like all of our Pots for One, this is a full meal in itself that clocks in under 400 calories and is less than a third of your daily Reference Intake (RI) in sugar, salt, fat and saturated fat
- Cooks from frozen in the microwave in minutes
- It’s a complete meal for one, so perfect for lunch or a quick supper
Try It With:
- Garlic bread on the side? That’s always a good choice.
- For a summer treat, serve with a fresh green salad.
- Decant into a dish and cover the top with mozzarella balls and bread crumbs and make into a yummy bake.
Other meals under 400 calories:
- All of our Pots for One have fewer than 400 calories, but we have other meals in this category. However, unlike the Pots, you will want to add your own veg and possibly some carbs like rice or potatoes, which may sneak them over the 400 mark (which shouldn’t be a problem for your main meal of the day). Explore the range here.
- We make a pea pesto by blending peas, hazelnuts, basil, parsley, garlic and cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
- We blanch some asaparagus and mix it with broad beans, peas and some nibbed hazelnuts.
- We then pop this all in a pot with some pillowy gnocchi.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||2.1||5.7|
|of which are saturates (g)||0.3||0.8|
AT COOK WE USE THE SAME INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD USE AT HOME.
We never put additives or preservatives into our food. We do occasionally use kitchen cupboard ingredients that include some additives in their sub-ingredients (for example Worcestershire Sauce used in our Spaghetti Bolognese, which contains Tamarind Extract). If you’d like to find out more about our ingredients, click here
Gnocchi (40%) (contains: Rehydrated Potatoes (Water, Potato Flakes) Wheat Flour, Potato Starch, Rice Flour, Salt, Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Natural Flavourings), Peas (18%), Broad Beans (16%), Water, Asparagus (9%), Hazelnuts (3%) [Nuts], Rapeseed Oil, Parsley, Basil, Garlic, White Wine Vinegar (contains: White Wine Vinegar, Antioxidant: Sulphur Dioxide), Lemon Peel, Salt.
At our kitchen, we prepare food by hand using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. We then freeze our meals at -35°C so it tastes freshly made when you cook it at home (no nasty additives or preservatives required). Most of our food can be heated from frozen (sometimes in minutes in your microwave). Check the instructions below.
These cooking instructions are only a guide. Your appliance may have a personality of its own (or a different power rating). Please adjust accordingly.
COOK FROM FROZEN
Steam may be released when removing film lid.
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000