Halloumi & Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Halloumi cheese with roasted courgettes, yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes with cannolicchi pasta and a tomato and basil pesto sauce.
- If you’ve yet to try halloumi, the Cypriot ingredient popular throughout the Middle East (and the rest of the world, for that matter), say hello – or rather ‘hallou’ – to your new favourite cheese. Coupled with roasted fresh veggies and pasta, this makes for an amazing Pot.
- Like all of our Pots for One, this is a full meal in itself that clocks in under 400 calories and is less than a third of your daily Reference Intake (RI) in sugar, salt, fat and saturated fat.
- Cooks from frozen in the microwave in minutes.
- Scatter some toasted pine nuts and torn fresh basil over it just before serving.
Other meals under 400 calories:
- All of our Pots for One have fewer than 400 calories, but we have other meals in this category. However, unlike the Pots, you will want to add your own veg and possibly some carbs like rice or potatoes, which may sneak them over the 400 mark (which shouldn’t be a problem for your main meal of the day). Explore the range here.
We start by making a rich tomato sauce by sweating onions and garlic, then adding chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Then we add the herbs: chopped coriander, basil and a basil pesto. The sauce is then added to cooked cannolicchi pasta and roasted courgettes, yellow peppers and fresh cherry tomatoes. Finally, the pot is topped off with some chunks of halloumi cheese which melt when you cook it at home.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which: sugars (g)||4.3||14.8|
|of which are saturates (g)||1.3||4.4|
AT COOK WE USE THE SAME INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD USE AT HOME.
We never put additives or preservatives into our food. We do occasionally use kitchen cupboard ingredients that include some additives in their sub-ingredients (for example Worcestershire Sauce used in our Spaghetti Bolognese, which contains Tamarind Extract). If you’d like to find out more about our ingredients, click here
Cooked Pasta (21%) ( contains: Durum Wheat Semolina, Water), Water, Courgette (12%), Yellow Pepper (11%), Chopped Tomatoes (10%) (contain:Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid), Cherry Tomatoes (10%), Halloumi Cheese (9%) [Milk], Tomato Puree (5%), Onions (3%), Honey, Wheat Flour (contains: Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Nicotinamide (Vit B3), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vit B1)), Rapeseed Oil, Green Pesto (contains: Basil Paste contains (Fresh Basil 59%, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid, Acidity Regulator: Lactic acid), Sunflower Oil, Grated Vegetarian Hard Cheese (Cow’s Milk, Salt, Micro Rennet), Garlic Puree), Basil, Garlic, Balsamic Vinegar (contains: Wine Vinegar, Concentrated Grape Must, Colour: Caramel, Antioxidant: Potassium Metabisulphite), Mediterranean Vegetable Stock (contains: Partially Reconstituted Vegetables (Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Artichoke, Celeriac, Potato), Tomato Puree, Salt, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Sun-Dried Tomato Paste (Sun-Dried Tomato, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Natural Flavouring, White Wine Vinegar, Black Pepper), Olive Oil, Natural Flavouring), Salt, Coriander, Black Pepper.
At our kitchen, we prepare food by hand using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. We then freeze our meals at -35°C so it tastes freshly made when you cook it at home (no nasty additives or preservatives required). Most of our food can be heated from frozen (sometimes in minutes in your microwave). Check the instructions below.
These cooking instructions are only a guide. Your appliance may have a personality of its own (or a different power rating). Please adjust accordingly.
COOK FROM FROZEN
Steam may be released when removing lid.
Gluten, Milk, Celery, Sulphites
This product has been made in a kitchen that uses nut ingredients
The COOK Kitchen
Kent ME10 3HH
t: 01732 759000