These super easy flatbreads are the perfect accompaniment to any Indian Takeaway or Moroccan Feast
To make 6 flatbreads, you will need:
275 g flour
good pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
75mls of milk
75 mls of boiling water
How to make...
- Add all flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl, add the milk and the boiling water, and mix together.
- Once the mixture starts to come together, take the ball out of the bowl and start to knead.
- Leave under a glass bowl to rest for 10 minutes. Knead again, 8 times, and leave under a bowl for an hour.
- Roll the dough out to form a sausage, and cut into 6 pieces. Roll these pieces into balls.
- Take one, and place the others back under the bowl whilst you're making your first flatbread - you don't want the air getting to the others so it's important to keep them covered
- Roll your flatbread out as thin as it will go - it should be almost transparent.
- Pop some oil in a frying pan, and let it get hot - add your flatbread and fry for 2 minutes on each side